Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Banana Sandwich, Jacket Potato and Curried Beans

Had a good day today, I have been at home all day, catching up on emails, phone calls and planning next weeks work. Breakfast just didn't happen today. I didn't even get a glass of orange juice because I bought the wrong stuff with bits in ! I know, at my age I should be able to drink orange juice with bits in but it just turns my stomach !


A Banana Sandwich

Anyway an early lunch it was. I don't know how many other people still eat these but I love them. A BANANA sandwich. Lovely ! They taste great, a nice ripe banana on buttered brown bread with a sprinkle of black pepper and a packet of plain crisps. Washed down with a couple of mugs of tea and then back to work. Fantastic !

Tea- well it was my turn to cook tea and according to the meal planner I posted earlier this week it was supposed to be roasted shoulder of lamb with all the trimmings but unfortunately I forgot to take it out of the freezer yesterday. I had a quick look at the planner and decided to opt for jacket potatoes with curried beans. It was nice. Not great but nice.


Jacket Potato with Curried Beans

The only extras I have had today are an apple before tea and I will have a couple of crackers with some cheese and onion for supper later. I have had plenty of fluids again, squash, water, mugs of tea and even a mug of coffee. I have taken the shoulder of lamb out of the freezer ready for tomorrow night and I will have to nip to the farm shop in Codsall Wood in the morning to pick up some fresh organic vegetables, fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Goodnight

James (M6JDB)

No comments:

Post a Comment