Well I said yesterday that things had to change and today I have done my best to cut out all of the rubbish. Still ate a lot of bread but I am not feeling too good so I need some comfort.
At least I managed to make something again today !
2 mugs of tea.
Home made vegetable soup and 2 crusty bread rolls.
Amazing, packed full of vegetables and essential vitamins and minerals. A great lunch that set me up for the rest of the day and instantly made me feel better.
Roasted pork hock and free range organic egg sandwich with a side salad.
The eggs were out of our garden and the girls are really proving themselves in this weather with another 4 eggs today. They don't have any artificial heat or light, just good organic food and TLC.
My own winter vegetable soup recipe from the new website I am working on as a trial.
Please give me some feedback and let me know if you try it. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Quick and easy winter vegetable soup
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
4 tbsp oil ( olive oil is best )
1 litre vegetable stock or enough to cover the vegetables
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash, peel and roughly chop the vegetables.
2. Lightly fry the vegetables in olive oil for 5 -10 minutes, just enough to add some colour.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil
4. Simmer uncovered for 20 - 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from the heat an either use a hand blender to puree the vegetables or transfer to a conventional food processor and then back to the original pot.
6. Now add the milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Gently reheat the finished soup and serve with bread or crackers of your choice.