Saturday, 23 January 2010

Cold Buffet

Well it is Saturday, the first day of our new food menu and already it has been swapped around !
I have been working in the garden today, I moved the chicken run around so that they are now running on all the raised vegetable beds. This is there final place of the winter. They won't move again until spring time when I start to use the beds again.
Anyway I was shattered so my wife volunteered to do a Saturday buffet and excellent it was to.

We had:- Salad, Free Range Organic Boiled Eggs, Freshly Baked Bread Rolls, Houmous, Bread sticks, Tomato Salsa, Tortilla Chips, Mature Cheddar Cheese, Pickled Beetroot, Pickled Onions, ASDA salad cheese ( a cows milk version of FETA ), Tomatoes, and Cucumber.

I must say that our eggs really are fantastic, the texture, the colour and the flavour cannot be surpassed. It really has got to do with the hens welfare and diet.


The little one seemed to enjoy it !

 I thought I had taken a picture of the buffet but couldn't find it on the camera or PC, but I am sure you will enjoy the photograph of my 7 month old daughter enjoying her food.



Breakfast I missed today and lunch was just a packet of crisps.
Working outside makes me really thirsty and also takes my mind off food ! I must of had at least a gallon of orange squash and about 8 big mugs of tea !

No comments:

Post a Comment