Sunday, 24 January 2010

Home made pizza, home made coleslaw

Had a good day today. I did a bit outside and managed to watch nearly 2 full football matches on ITV.
Breakfast / lunch or brunch as it is known in some circles was toast.
2 slices hovis seed sensations buttered
2 slices hovis seed sensations buttered with jam !
1 banana
1 glass of orange juice
Jam on toast, one of those things I don't think I will ever grow out of, it just tastes great and is really satisfying when washed down with a couple of mugs of tea.
As I said, breakfast and lunch were combined so I went straight to tea.


A home made pizza
TEA - I decided to give my wife a break and also to get back on the meal plan that we are supposed to be sticking to this week and make a pizza. I love pizza and I love making my own. Making the base is quite time consuming but is well worth it in the end. The base is lovely and soft in the middle and crispy at the edges, it really is superb.
To top the pizza I normally us a jar of onion and garlic pasta sauce, a mozzarella ball, some grated mature cheddar, some onion and some fresh sliced tomato. It is all finished off with a sprinkle of mixed Italian herbs.

I made some coleslaw from carrots, white cabbage, onion and half a jar of hellman's mayonnaise. We also had some leftover mash and vegetables which i mixed together and baked in the bottom of the oven for half an hour. A posh version of bubble and squeak which consisted of mashed potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, onion and sage and onion stuffing. We had that lot with a few green leaves.

Homemade Pizza, salad, coleslaw and bubble and squeak.

The good news is I haven't had any sweets, crisps or chocolates today and I have had plenty of squash and tea. I am out all day tomorrow so we will see how things work out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment