Sunday, 17 January 2010
Leek and Potato soup Recipe
We were quite busy and had visitors too ! Not much food preparation time but we managed quite well.
Kellogs cornflakes and milk with a sliced banana.
I took a bit of time out to make some leek and potato soup,
It was really tasty and looked great as you can see from the photograph.
I had 2 of the bowls in the picture and 3 of the rolls shown with butter !
We had a late lunch so didn't really have tea. Only 24 cadbury's roses chocolates out of the tin the visitors gave us as a present !
The soup was fantastic so here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it, please feel free to comment or had add your own variations.
Easy Leek and potato soup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
4 tbsp oil (olive oil is best)
750ml vegetable stock or just enough to cover the vegetables
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Slice the leeks and roughly chop onion, peel and chop the potatoes.
2. Lightly fry the vegetables in olive oil for 5 -10 minutes, just enough to add some colour to the vegetables.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil
4. Simmer uncovered for 20 - 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from the heat an either use a hand blender to puree the vegetables or transfer to a conventional food processor and then back to the original pot.
6. Now add the milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Gently reheat the finished soup and serve with bread or crackers of your choice.