Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Macaroni Cheese, Garlic Bread and Salad

Not the greatest of starts today but it all came good in the end. I had a few appointments to keep so I was up, dressed and out of the door by 6:30 am. I only managed a quick glass of orange juice before I left so I was hungry by 10am. I grabbed a packet of crisps and a Cadbury's creme egg from the garage when I filled up with fuel.

Even though I was doing a lot of running around I did manage to swing by the house for lunch. I picked up a bag of battered chips from a chip shop not too far away from our house and took them home. ( Chips 2 days in a row for lunch ) I had a tuna and homemade coleslaw sandwich and shared the chips with my wife.

Tuna and coleslaw Sandwich with Chips

Well lunch done and off out for my last appointment of the day. According to the weeks meal planner tonight was supposed to macaroni cheese and garlic bread and with my wife's determination it was !
She makes the cheese sauce from a very old recipe that we have and it can take up to an hour to make. Well she stuck to her guns and it was marvellous.
The cheese sauce was mixed in with the cooked macaroni and then served with toasted garlic bread slices and some crisp green salad leaves and a couple of cherry tomatoes.


Macaroni cheese, Garlic Bread and Salad

A real triumph on my wife's behalf. If she didn't keep pushing me I would keep going through these phases of eating nothing bu rubbish. Chips 2 days in a row, crisps and chocolate is not a good path to go down. With that in mind I will have an apple and banana for supper.
Goodnight.
James (M6JDB)

1 comment:

Abby Rogers said...

I see that you have England listed as one of your interests! Perhaps you would enjoy my blog:

http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

As often as possible I will post photographs of glorious vistas, charming close-ups, and interesting tidbits of life in Great Britain for the pleasure of Anglophiles everywhere!

Post a Comment