Friday, 22 January 2010

Sausage, mash and onion gravy

I was up and out early today. I didn't fancy anything for breakfast so I just had a cup of tea.
It didn't take long for hunger to bite though and I was soon tucking in to a cheese salad and branston pickle sandwich with a bag of crisps as an early lunch ! I wish I had taken a photograph because it was the best sandwich I have had in ages.

Tea - Well this was fantastic and is also a real favourite of mine. Sausage, mash and onion gravy.

The sausage was free range Gloucester old spot from a small holding in Castlecroft.
Mashed potatoes made with Wilja potatoes and organic milk and free range butter
We also had some Paxo sage and onion stuffing which always goes well with mash. ( I must learn to make stuffing myself as I am sure its not too hard )
The vegetables were cauliflower and broccoli and it was all topped off with onion gravy.

Sausage and Mash

The down side to today is that I popped in to our local Tesco on the way home for a paper and they had the Christmas chocolates offered at less than half price so I ended up buying some quality street and a Terry's chocolate Orange.
I say down side because an hour later there is hardly anything left !

The chocolates before we demolished them !

No comments:

Post a Comment