Monday, 15 February 2010

Cheese and Crackers, Vegetarian Cottage Pie.

What a great food day.

Breakfast - A good start to the day today. My breakfast consisted of 1 banana a portion of raisins and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Followed by 1 slice of Warburtons seeded batch with a good covering of Anchor free range spreadable

Lunch - I was at home for lunch and fancied something a little different, after searching through the cupboards I settled on Cheese and Crackers with a fresh apple. As an accompaniment I had apple an chili jelly
Cheese and Crackers

The apple and chili jelly was purchased locally from a WI market and was very sweet and a little bit spicy. Perfect with the mature Cheddar Cheese and wholegrain crackers.

Tea - Eating less and being thrifty is the name of the game this week and tonight proves the the point. We had vegetarian cottage pie made with soya mince, onions, the left over savoy cabbage and other vegetables from yesterday all swimming in gravy and then topped with a generous layer of leftover mash ! How thrifty is that ? We had that served with Heinz baked beans as our evening meal.
Vegetarian Cottage Pie

That picture looks fantastic. That is my fruit bowl behind the pie so you will be expecting to see a grapefruit and a pineapple somewhere in my food intake this week.
Anyway the cottage pie was great. A real triumph of thrift and at the same time providing a satisfying and nutritionally balanced meal.
My Tea ( Vegetarian Cottage Pie )

There above is my tea, Vegetarian Cottage Pie with half a tin of Heinz Baked Beans. Superb !
The only let down was a snickers bar I had this evening, apart from that it was a brilliant food day. Lets hope I can keep up the good work for the rest of the week !

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment