Saturday, 27 February 2010

Heinz Tomato Soup & Cheese Rolls, Fishcake & Chips

What a cracking day today. Fruit for breakfast again, 2 bananas, 1 apple and a pear. I had a glass of orange juice too which makes that 4 of my 5 a day before 9am so that is definitely good news.
I was out in the garden most of the morning so I when I came in I felt ravenous.

Lunch - We hadn't got any stir fry so the next quickest thing I could think of was Heinz Tomato Soup and part baked rolls with butter and cheese.
Heinz Tomato Soup & Cheese Rolls

That was really tasty and filling, not as good as home made soup but I am sure everyone will agree that Heinz Tomato Soup does set the standard when it comes to tinned soups. The part baked rolls were tasty and so was the mature cheddar. ( I didn't realise how much cheese until I looked at the photo !!!! )

Tea - Fish and chips was the decision all round. Not a full on chip shop tea but the best of both worlds. Smoked Haddock and spring onion fish cakes from Whitby Seafood. I have said it before and I will say it again, Whitby Seafood Smoked Haddock and Spring Onion Fish Cakes are the best fish cakes I have ever tasted ! So tasty that I had 3 and a pile of battered chips from the chip shop and also a bit of salad on the side to add some colour to my plate and make myself feel a bit better.
Fish Cakes, Chips & Salad

What a satisfying tea, a real treat. I am very happy with the way things have gone today. I have got plenty done, eaten well and feel good. I hope I can keep this feeling going right through the weekend and well in to next week.
Hopefully if everything goes to plan tomorrow we should have a nice Sunday lunch and maybe a walk in the park if the weather is OK.
Goodnight everyone and thanks again for the e-mails, only Nairn posting in the comments box although though it was a great photo link thanks,

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )


No comments:

Post a Comment