Saturday, 20 February 2010

Lots of Chinese Buffet, Cheese and Vegetable Toasties.

Today was a good day. Up early and a banana an apple and a portion of raisins for breakfast followed by 2 glasses of water. That should get my metabolism up and running.

Lunch - Now today was a special day, the first time I have been out for a meal since the start of all this. I have been doing well, shaving a bit off the shopping budget each week and saving it towards this meal. We went to a local "All You Can Eat" Chinese Restaurant. I was a bit more reserved then usual because I had to photograph everything I ate but non the less I think I got my money's worth.
Spare Ribs, Vegetable Spring Rolls, Sesame Prawn Toast

Yuk Sung

That's my two starters out of the way, self explanatory really so on with the main the courses.

Crispy Beef, Green Beans, Garlic Mushrooms, Roast Potatoes

Roast Pork Cantonese Style, Soft Noodles, Stir Fry Broccoli

Beef in Black Bean Sauce & Singapore Noodles

That is 2 starters and 3 main courses so far. A real good selection of dishes. The roast Pork was probably my favourite closely followed by the crispy beef. The green beans were superb too. I had a break, a pint of Coca Cola and then decided to try and squeeze another plate in !
Beef Curry, Sweet and Sour Pork, Boiled Rice and Green Beans


Cantonese Roast Pork and Chips

The last plate seems to be lacking somewhat but I  got carried away and eaten half of the roast pork before I realised I hadn't  photographed it !  Never mind I am sure you get the gist of what went on and how much I managed to eat. I felt absolutely stuffed ! I really did squeeze quite a lot in but in all honesty compared to my usual quota I was quite restrained.
I had another breather and everyone was becoming a little restless so I thought I better get on with my desert.

Fruit Salad, Swiss Roll and Ice Cream

That was enough to round off a fantastic eating experience, as you can see I don't really go for the sweet stuff I am more of a savoury man. I think I might of undone all the hard work I put in earlier in the week but hey, its only once every couple of months I have a real blow out !

Tea - After a couple of hours watching the football and planting up some seeds I did start to feel a bit peckish. My wife kindly made tea which was a really tasty Cheese and Vegetable toastie Consisting of Mozzarella, Mature Cheddar, Red Pepper, Tomato and onion. With a bit of salad on the side.
Cheese and Vegetable Toastie

Now I must confess that this was extremely tasty and I did have another one shortly after.

What a fantastic day. I really love my food and yes I did really eat all of this food ! Every bit in each and everyone of those photographs was consumed by me and me alone.
I am off for an early night so I will answer your e-mails in the morning. Goodnight all,

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment