Sunday, 28 February 2010

Roast Pheasant, Cereal & Fruit

Sunday is normally a day for a traditional roast meal and today was no exception. I had a good lie in and woke up thinking about the roast pheasant I was cooking for lunch. I decided that breakfast should be fairly light so took the fruit option again. A pear, a banana, an apple and a hand full of raisins ( I really don't like raisins and I will buy some Sultanas this week ).
An hour in the garden tidying up and then on with lunch.
The Oven Ready Pheasant

Not the biggest of birds but enough to feed us as part of a large Sunday Lunch. The total run down was Roast Pheasant, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts and Steamed Broccoli. An absolute feast !
Traditional Sunday Roast Dinner

That was absolutely fantastic ! So good I had half as much again for seconds ! It was a real treat and not bad for one out of the freezer either. Originally the bird was shot locally, plucked and dressed and then after a few days hanging was frozen. It was then defrosted for 24 hours and then popped in the oven for around 30 - 40 minutes and rested for another 10 before carving. Real Free Range Food !
I settled down to watch the cup final and promptly fell asleep.
Honey Nut Shreddeed Wheat

Well my blood sugar must have crashed after all that lunch because when I woke up and finished watching the football I ate lots of sweets and chocolates before deciding that a bowl or two of cereal would be a lot better. I haven't had anything else to eat since then and don't really feel to hungry so I will try and go until the morning.
Lots and lots of things to do tomorrow and plenty of appointments so a return to the norm of cheese sandwiches and beans on toast I fear.

Until tomorrow..............

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )


No comments:

Post a Comment