Sunday, 21 February 2010

Sausage and Mash, Homemade Cup Cakes

Sunday today and not my usual bacon and egg breakfast. Due to my blow out at the all you can eat Chinese buffet yesterday I decided to go with a lighter breakfast option of grapefruit, and toasted brown bread and jam.
Toast and Jam
Grapefruit

A glass of orange juice and a mug of tea completed the breakfast and then we went off out to do battle with the retail park.

Lunch - Football on terrestrial TV today and my team are playing too so its all hands on deck to get the lunch prepared quickly. A firm favourite in our house is sausage and mash. Today we had it served with organic broccoli, Brussels sprouts, roasted onions and sage and onion stuffing. The sausage was free range Gloucester Old Spot pigs from Essington Fruit Farm. Brilliant sausage and a brilliant shop.
My absolute favourite sausage is from Gary and Pats Smallholding just outside Wolverhampton. They breed Oxford Sandy Black pigs and they live outside 24/7 and have plenty of room to roam around accompanied by lots of care and attention you get from farming on such a small scale.
Sausage and Mash

3 Sausages, 3 Roasted Onions, a Pile of Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli Florets and Sage and Onion Stuffing. I don't really like it when my mash is served in a scoop, it reminds me of school dinners ! I suppose it all tastes the same though. Not a bad Sunday lunch all in all but as regular readers will know I do tend to indulge on Sundays and after yesterdays blow out I seem to have got my appetite back.
I decided on a second plate before I went to watch the football.
Sausage and Mash Second Plate

The football was pretty boring, my team lost and I fell asleep on the sofa ! At least it was only for half an hour and I had a pretty productive afternoon.


Tea - A light tea was the order of the day and we fell back on the Great British Tradition of beans on toast. Not the most successful meal ever because our toaster keeps tripping the fuse box. I threw the toaster away and used the electric grill instead. ( after I had reset the trip switch )
Beans on slightly warmed bread.

On a better note, while I was busy this afternoon and playing with the children my wife was busy in the kitchen making some fabulous cup cakes. I have eaten a lot this weekend but still couldn't resist a couple of these for supper.
Homemade Cup Cakes

Now I have consumed a lot of food over the weekend and in fact all through half term. Its back to the grindstone tomorrow though and plenty of appointments to attend so hopefully my food intake should stabilise. Thanks to everyone for logging on and reading. Judging by the amount of e-mails I have received the Sea Bass and Chinese Buffet went down a real treat.
Please check back on a regular basis because I do update my blog everyday.

See you Tomorrow

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment