Friday, 5 February 2010

Tuna, Cheese and Salad Pittas, Vegetable Stir Fry and Noodles

I have had a better day today. Got up early but didn't fancy breakfast, I had a couple of mugs of tea though.
With renewed vigour I did a bit of tidying up outside and the wife prepared something to eat.

Lunch - Tuna and mayonnaise with mixed salad leaves on a wholemeal seeded pitta. Also a cheese, onion and salad one to go with it. Very nice and a real treat after last nights disappointing tea.
The lunch was completed with a packet of Walkers plain crisps and a banana, all washed down with a glass of dandelion and burdock.

Tuna, Cheese and Salad Pittas

Tea - We went shopping yesterday so we have got plenty in and what I really fancied was Vegetable Stir Fry. I hadn't had stir fry for ages until the other day and I forgot how much I loved it. Its so quick and easy and packed full of nutrition ! The mix I bought from ASDA was very tasty and I bulked it out with a bag of bean sprouts and served it alongside a bed of Sharwoods medium egg noodles and a good dash of Amoy Dark Soy Sauce. Beautiful.

Vegetable Stir Fry and Noodles

Snacks today were quite bad though. It is Friday the only night I watch TV unless there is football on so while I was sat on my backside I had another packet of Walkers crisps and a 125g bar of Galaxy which is 800 calories for those 2 things alone !

Still plenty of vegetables today and I am really looking forward to tomorrow because I have got 1lb of free range, home smoked streaky bacon and flat mushrooms for breakfast. Lets hope I can get myself up in time and the hens have layed a couple of eggs to go with it !
I will hopefully I will sketch out a meal planner for the next week too.



No comments:

Post a Comment