Sunday, 7 March 2010

Bacon and Egg Sandwich

This is probably the least amount of food I have ever consumed in one whole day in my life !
I sprang out of bed, the sun was shining and the birds were singing. I went outside to feed the chickens and almost froze to the spot. It was still -3 and it felt colder !
I came in and too cold to start breakfast I had several cups of tea.

Lunch - Well I was supposed to be having a blow out breakfast with all the fantastic free range, home fed pork products I had bought from Essington. That didn't happen but on the brighter side I did have a couple of bacon and egg sandwiches for Lunch.
Bacon & Egg Sandwich

Well there it is, not a very good photograph though. That is premium free range home fed bacon and free range organic egg ( from my own hens in the garden ) on brown bread with a light scraping of butter and a dollop of Heinz tomato ketchup. It tasted so good that I had another one !
Bacon & Egg Sandwich (the second serving )

There it is folks, fresh out of the frying pan. The only difference this time is that instead of butter I dipped the bread in the remaining bacon fat in the bottom of the frying pan. This really picks up all those crispy bits that would have gone to waste . MMMMmmmmmmmm. Delicious.
I had a Snickers bar around 5pm for my tea and that was it for the whole day ! Two bacon and egg sandwiches and a chocolate bar. Oh and about 15 cups of tea.
No big breakfast, no Sunday Roast. I just didn't feel like it.
Maybe I will get up early tomorrow and try again,

Until then .....................

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment