Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Bacon Sandwich, Chees and Homemade coleslaw Sandwich

Today was a busy day. I got to work early so I could get a good head start on the day, everything went well and I think am starting to make a difference. I didn't have any breakfast at home but after all the talk of bacon sandwiches last night I promised myself one for an early lunch. I went to the local cafe and ordered Bacon, Tomato, Mushrooms and Brown Sauce on Crusty Bread.
Bacon, Tomato, Mushrooms & Brown Sauce on Crusty Bread

The photograph really doesn't do it justice, it was fantastic and I enjoyed every morsel of it. On the downside the meat was neither free range or organic but I can only do so much and go so far. For the eagle eyed among you that is one of my own plates. In the quest not to look like a complete freak I thought it best to order the sandwich to take away and photograph it in the privacy of my own home.

Tea - Well after having a very late breakfast I also had to have a very early tea which meant lunch was just cancelled out. Tea was very simple and as a matter of fact my wife had made it for my lunch but because of my evening appointment and late breakfast it was put in the fridge for tea.

Cheese & Homemade Coleslaw Sandwich

A good early tea. A couple of slices of cucumber and a tomato with black pepper on make a real difference and the Snickers bar after really rounded it of superbly. ( I am a man of simple pleasures ) There is half a glass of Robinson's Orange squash top right. I drink 6 - 10 full glasses of this stuff a day, plus tea and coffee too. As for the chocolate, I really can't get enough of the stuff since I have started this new job, I am having at least one and sometimes 2 bars everyday.

Over the past few years I have given up the fags and all alcohol and I suppose the next logical thing on the list will be Crisps. The only problem is I can't enjoy a sandwich without them and being as half of my meals are sandwiches that is a very big change. I don't think the artificial sweetener in the squash does you much good either but I will save that for another day.
Thanks for the e-mails of support about giving up my vices and the positive changes I have made in my life and diet. I am trying very hard to consume more fruit and vegetables.
Tomorrow I fancy a homemade egg and cheese flan ( quiche ) and plenty of salad. I need to get it made first thing though because I am out at the Wolverhampton Amateur Radio Society Annual General Meeting tomorrow night.

Until tomorrow...............

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment