Monday, 22 March 2010

Cereal, Sausage Roast Dinner

My first day off so I had a lie in until 9 and watched match of the day. I didn't fancy any breakfast which in hind sight was a mistake because by 11 I had eaten 3 bags of crisps and a snickers bar !

Lunch - Not in the mood for cooking or even eating I decided that I had better have something to eat for lunch and also make a bit of an effort for tea .
Rice Crispies & Banana

Only a light lunch, if I had been bothered to have this for breakfast then I wouldn't of eaten all those bloody crisps ! I better make up for it at tea time.

Tea - I really pulled my finger out and got my head round cooking tea. It was free range organic sausages for us and vegetarian sausages for my wife. I don't buy many joints of meat as because of the cost and the very low quality of supermarket and butcher meat. I prefer to by my meat from a local small holding where I can spend time with the animals and check on their welfare. I whole heartedly believe that this is the best meat I can buy. The sausages freeze well and last for a long time so they are always a great option me.
Roast Dinner

There we have it. 3 Sausages, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, Roast Carrots, Stuffing, Broccoli and Cauliflower. That is a good meal by any ones standards. The only problem I have is that I really don't know when I have had enough so after I polished that lot off I had some more with a few dabs of mint sauce for extra flavour.
Roast Dinner 2

Well after finishing that lot off I was fit to burst so I settled down for the evening and watched BBC 1. I only really watch TV on Sundays, Countryfile, Antiques Roadshow and then Lark Rise to Candleford. Clean the kitchen down and then watch match of the day in bed. I really do live the life of an international rock star !
I also finished off the pink iced cake my wife made yesterday so all told I personally ate over half of it . What a life !

Until tomorrow...............

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment