Friday, 26 March 2010

Honey on Toast, Sweet & Sour Quorn, More Sweet & Sour Quorn

Had a good day but was out very late last night. It was the Wolverhampton Amateur Radio Society AGM and as a member I really wanted to attend.

Breakfast - A change is as good as a rest they say so I fancied some toast but what do you put on t ? After much deliberation I opted for lashings of butter and a drizzle of runny organic honey.
Honey on Toast & a Mug of Tea

Very tasty indeed. Don't ask me how they know the honey is organic unless they put really long light leads on the bees or a massive wall all around the fields. Anyway it was very nice all the same.

Lunch - This was a bit of a non starter really. I was on the way back to work and hadn't got anything prepared so I grabbed 2 packets of crisps and a Snickers bar and off I went. A bit sad really but I suppose If you don't plan ahead then this is what you end up with.

Tea - Well I was quite behind today, I spent longer at work than I should but I had lots to do and also plenty of extras to be getting on with. This meant I was rushing to get home and showered and then out for the Wolverhampton Radio Society AGM. Tea was Quorn Pieces in Sweet & Sour sauce with noodles and wedges. But I hadn't got time to get it cooked. Especially as my lad had a friend round after school and I had already cooked Fishcakes, mash and mushy peas for them. Only one thing for it !
Mash & Ketchup in a Saucepan

Left over mash and tomato ketchup, no kidding this tastes absolutely great. I haven't had mash and ketchup since I was a kid and forgot how good it tastes. Even better straight out of the warm saucepan and saves on space in the dishwasher.

I did have time to make the sweet & Sour but didn't get time to sit down and eat it. My wife was having trouble putting the baby to bed too so I grabbed a small bowl full and swallowed it as quickly as I could.

Quorn Sweet & Sour with Wedges

Not a bad snack to be getting on with until later. I planned to have the rest when I got home whatever time that would be.

Sweet & Sour Quorn, Noodles and Wedges

I ate that last plate at around 11 o'clock last night and was absolutely shattered so went to bed straight after it. I must eat some more fruit today and try and drink some more fluids. Back to work now, talk to you all again later.

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment