Friday, 2 April 2010

Back With Avengance, The Missed Days Main Meals.

Well after an emotionally and physically draining week I am back on an even keel. I find it strange how we all find comfort in routine and simple things that give us pleasure while otherwise facing complete meltdown !

I have had a turbulent week to say the least and while I frantically switched from sitting on my arse filling out surveys and playing games on the computer to complete and utter overdrive of working and cleaning and worrying I still took photographs of all my main meals. Very strange but comforting.

Anyway here goes !

Tuesday

Gammon and Eggs

This one is for Wockley who said he would love to see a runny egg. A good side salad, plenty of potatoes roasted in olive oil and a nice chunk of gammon grilled to perfection and two poached free range organic eggs from our garden. An absolute feast and you could say a work of art !

Wednesday

I made some soup for lunch and made enough to do for Wednesday and Thursday. Very tasty it was too and packed full of the freshest vegetables money can buy.

Soup in the Making

That's the raw soup ingredients being lightly browned before being boiled and liquidised. As you can see its full of Leeks, Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, Parsnips and Celery. Food to stick to your insides and warm you all the way through.

Lasagne, Roasts and Salad

Great roasted potatoes, Wilja potatoes roasted in olive oil with sea salt. I always do mine like this you can't beat them. Good salad, mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber and onions. Shit Lasagne. Thanks Tesco. The lasagne took 45 minutes to cook, looks unappetising and tasted bloody awful. I could of made a lasagne myself in that time and next time i will !
After that great homemade soup for lunch that meal seemed a bit of a let down.

Thursday

A great bowl of soup for lunch followed by a large bowl of pasta for tea. Plenty of fresh stir fried vegetables mixed in with pasta spirals and some quality homemade roasted tomato and garlic sauce then covered in Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of mature grated cheddar.


Vegetable Pasta

That was a really tasty tea and cooked by my beautiful wife which makes anything taste better.

Thanks for all the e-mails of concern from fellow bloggers and also the many visitors from the BBC FOOD site forum and those from the GYO forum.
I am back on track with the food blog now a hopefully everything should return to normal and I will be posting again on a daily basis.

As for the survey site SYNOVATE I am getting about £4 a day for an hours work and also testing some new products that I will write a review for. If like me you need a couple of extra quid a week then it is well worth doing. It is easy to sign up and you only have to do the surveys you want. Just click through HERE or on the banner top left and register.

Best of Luck

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

No comments:

Post a Comment