Monday, 5 April 2010

Food for the week and a Jacket for Tea !

Well a busy cooking day today. The Easter break is over and it is back to work in the morning. I had some time on my hands and a lot of vegetables to use up so I set about turning them in to something tasty.

First of all a nice heart warming vegetable soup.


A bit of swede, a couple of parsnips, 5 onions, celery, a few potatoes and carrots and lastly half a dozen leeks. All lightly browned and then boiled in organic stock. After half an hour the whole lot is liquidised and then returned to the pot with 2 pints of organic milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Don't be fooled by the small amount above, that is an 8 litre pot and the rest of the soup is now in the fridge for later on in the week.

Carrot and Swede Mash

After the vegetable soup I still had a pile of carrots and a big chunk of swede left so I made some carrot and swede mash. This is one of my favourite side dishes and I will be looking forward to eating this later in the week with some roast beef and roast potatoes. YUM YUM !
Well that is all the vegetables used up but we have still got some potatoes and salad left so jacket potato and salad for tea it is then !

Jacket Potato and Salad

Looking at that there is more cheese than potato but hey ho you can't live forever ! Plenty of salad is the main thing. Well that's put a couple of things in the fridge for later in the week. Back to work in the morning so hopefully I will be up nice and early and have a bit of tea and toast before I set out.

Until Tomorrow.....................

James Broadhouse ( M6JDB )

1 comment:

Nairn said...

Oh dear James, perhaps there was too much cheese on that jacket for tomorrow has been a long time coming!

Post a Comment